Monday, June 22, 2009

Hot Weather and Attorneys

It is Monday evening and my wife and I spent an hour signing paperwork to refinance our home. I am always amazed how attorneys react when you exhibit your talents in the real estate community. I am a land surveyor intern, which is about the same as being called the "jack of all trades master o nun". Anyone who has ever spent even one day on a survey crew can attest to that. From automotive mechanic to computer wizard to paralegal to janitor. In our particular case this evening, a small glitch was discovered in the title to our home. Its nothing serious, and in fact should fix itself in the next couple of months. For those that own a home, discovering a "lien" of any type can really un-nerve even the stoutest of folks, but this lien was a bit of a surprise. As it turned out, it was not even filed against me, but rather a renter who lived here under previous ownership. As my wife and I sat in the attorneys office discussing this issue, the attorney looked a little concerned as I recanted several excerpts of the Iowa Code, almost as if he had counted on a brief synopsis and instead found out I DID understand the law.

On to observations. As I stated earlier these will be posted as I see the need to be more self therapeutic. Hopefully some of these ramblings will make sense, but at this point these are more for my own purpose than anything else.



This morning I hopped on the Harley for a short ride into work. The weather, as some might know, is rather hot. I noted some of the birds chirping in the office grounds. Among those are a pair of cardinals, at least one or two blue jays and several other smaller species. I am often struck how it can be almost sinfully hot outside yet these little feathered creatures hardly pay it no mind at all. You have a down jacket on guys - its hot! After spending most of the day toiling over maps and other such legal documents, I left the comfort of the office for my ride home. To my demise, the temperature had gone from about 71 degrees in the morning to a hot 91 degrees. At that temperature I was not very comfortable until I got the bike moving and air flowing around me. To make matters worse, the engine of the bike was getting a bit hot, and my legs could actually feel the heat from the engine searing thru my legs. Fortunately for me, my family purchased a denim jacket for my riding pleasures during the summer to and from work. Full leathers would have turned me into a puddle of melted goo.

I enjoy my bike, but I love my AC!



Regards,

Boomer

No comments:

Post a Comment