Monday, October 11, 2010

The Color of Time

I get all sorts of giddy inside when the colors start coming out.  I just cannot get enough of the reds yellows even some purples here and there.  So just for giggles, here are a few pics from my Friday bike ride to the Mississippi Palisades State Park north of Savanna, Illinois.  This is a wonderful park with a number of scenic viewpoints along the Mississippi River where you can see for miles.  It is also a very popular route for us motorcyclists to see the fall colors, so I took this trip on Friday so as to avoid the traffic which seems to really clog up the place on weekends.

There will be more to follow.  After all - ITS FALL!!!  Oh thats right, did I mention that the Quack Attack is back???  Woo Hoo!!!

See what riding a Harley does to me?  Puts a big ol' SMILE on my face!

This is from a viewpoint looking north.  What an incredible view!

The train moving north from Savanna, Illinois along the river.

Planes Trains Automobiles and Color!

Leaving the park ran into more color.

This is from my office at the Department of Transportation today.

This tree is almost in full bloom at my office.

Same tree, just a different angle.

Ok - I couldn't get enough of this tree.  Its really colorfull from inside the office too.

This is looking at the Flag thru the fall colors in the front of the office.

This is a tree just west of my office.
Melissa during my ride along the Mississippi River

Peace and Love everybody - Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment